Friday 21 October 2011

A Squirrel named 'Mommy'...

Despite feeling like my head has been in a fog all day, I felt pretty good.  Its amazing what a sinus infection can do to you.  Totally drain you of energy is the biggest for me and the hardest to deal with, especially when you have a 4 year old child.  I haven't been the greatest of playmates, but Andrew has been quite the trooper.  We've discovered a cozy place to read (on Andrew's race car bed), so we have spent lots of time cuddled up there reading (what I believe to be every) Caillou books (written).   We've played lego on the floor and we took a nice walk yesterday to collect fall leaves for a project he was doing in school. 

So, today I took Andrew to school and came home to tidy up the house a bit, send off a few work emails and just collect my thoughts.  When I picked Andrew up from school today he was very proud to show me his leaf project.  It was a cute little brown squirrel made of construction paper and its tail was full with fall leaves, it was beautiful.  As we walked to the car we discussed what the squirrels name should be.  I had suggested 'the frisky little squirrel', as this is a song Andrew has been singing as he and his classmates prepare their songs for the winter concert in December.  Well, Andrew vetoed my suggestion and decided he would name it Andrew. Ok, then.  THEN, he immediately burst out that its name is 'Mommy' and he has stuck to that name the rest of day.  He proudly showed Daddy his project this evening and told him her name was 'Mommy'. 

I find it quite flattering he would name something he created after me.  As I was putting Andrew to bed this evening he told me I would be his girl forever.  Oh, how I wished that would be true, but for now I'm happy being a squirrel named 'Mommy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment