Thursday 13 October 2011

In the beginning...

Its feels very weird to start a blog, as the initial post for most new blogs is probably about the same.  Blah, blah, blah this is the reason I'm starting this blog, blah, blah, blah this is what I hope to get out of it, blah, blah, blah this is what I hope you get out of it... Unfortunately, mine is not much different than that. LOL.  However, I'm not expecting anyone to get anything out of my blog, as its my journey, my thoughts, emotions, decisions and maybe (hopefully) you will connect with me a little.

So, the reasons for starting this blog are basic, first and foremost a place for me to write out what I have going through my mind (could be scary along the way).  At present, there is a lot of things happening in my little family's lives.  Lots of things I don't talk to people about, but lots of really important, life changing things.  The stress levels have been quite high around our house and I really internalize the stress to the point  it physically shows on me (hives, etc.).  After having a major stress attack last night (chest pains through to my back, hives so bad my skin actually felt like it hurt and was burning) I decided that I couldn't do this to myself any longer.  I need something as an outlet to express myself, but I also want to use this blog to show my journey.  What journey you ask?  Well, I believe there are lots of journeys in life, life is a journey.  I have lots of journeys to travel, deal with, conquer and lose, but I need to take the first steps in starting them.

I'm going to cover a multitude of subjects, from running (which I plan on taking my first steps again next week), raising a child, being a wife, a daughter, a daughter-in-law, a sister, a sister-in-law, an auntie, a jewelry designer, a career advisor, dealing with weight issues (up and down the scale), basically my life journey. 

The most important piece for me to keep in mind is, that its not a race to the end to see who got there the quickest or with the most material goods, but to experience it as a journey and take in what it offers and sometimes doesn't offer.  I'm learning sometimes life isn't always fair, sometimes you get dealt a bad hand, sometimes you make a bad hand, sometimes your hand is a royal flush, but its always going to be the way you play it that shows through in the end.  Today, I decided to play a little better and hopefully I will play with grace and dignity (most of the time) and travel through my journeys for each lesson they will bring and not try to sprint through life like its a race. 

Its a journey, not a race and I want to live each journey for what it is whether its high or low.

1 comment: